Wednesday, August 19, 2015

E and A Adventures Day 7

The last and final day of our trip together!

We got up early and went to visit the Stroud's local business, Magic Morning Bakery.

Esther had never been!

We then hit the road for approximately 12 hours of driving.

Indiana "steam."

Esther's shoe life for day 7.

I requested we stop at the Half Price Books outlet shop in Rockford, IL because it was about halfway and because I really like Half Price Books.

We both found some things we liked enough to purchase!

The water tower had a heart on it and I thought it was beautiful!

Esther being a boss and driving the last four hours.

We finished AnnE of Green Gables and got about an hour into the second book in the series. I really liked the first one and I'm probably going to read the second one really soon! Finally, after hours and hours we made it to MN!

Got just the right shot, despite Esther considerately slowing down for me.

We pulled into the Mach household and said our goodbyes. I truly enjoy traveling with Esther. She's someone who can keep me laughing in the middle of the night or at 7 am. She's incredibly flexible with her plans and is able to shake off the things that annoy her. I'm so thankful she was willing to drive around the South with me!

I wasn't quite ready to go home just yet. First I needed to say a different goodbye to another good friend.

My friend Brynn left for Madagascar for a year this morning (well, technically Chicago for a week, then Madagascar) and I knew I needed to see her off if possible.

Brynnertons! Off to go serve the Lord.

Her mom and I were pretty obnoxious. We stood in line watching her go through security.
Super obnoxious picture. Not Brynn, the fact I took it.

Anyway, Brynn had a 7:00 flight so we were there very early in the morning. I slept a few hours at Brynn's house after the airport. Then it was time to finally go home.








No comments:

Post a Comment