Tuesday, August 18, 2015

E and A Adventures Day 6

We started the morning early, of course, I was the last to get up, including the three children. It was nice to have breakfast with so many friendly faces. Not that I'm really good friends with everyone (save Esther), but because they are all such friendly people.

The night before Esther and Rick discussed stacking their hammocks and decided the next morning everyone was to bring their hammocks to a local park. Once the two Bubar girls were off to school we headed out to The Cove, as the locals call it.


I just used Kara's that she graciously offered because I don't usually run with the ritzy crowd that uses hammocks. 

After we said goodbye to Tim at the park we drove to the Bubar's for goodbyes with Kara. Then Esther and unintentionally (but intentionally) beat the Borners to REI. My main concern was getting a free TN sticker because I FORGOT TO GET ONE IN CHARLOTTE AND I'M SO SAD. But I got a state sticker, so mission accomplished. We then followed the Borners to the downtown Knoxville Mast General store because I'm slightly obsessed. I got some candy for a friend back in MN, and we parted ways with the Borners, knowing we'd see them soon back home.

We soon stopped at the furthest north Bojangles for lunch, but also so Esther  could have a Bo Berry Biscuit. I think she found it worth the stop! I didn't mind getting my last cup of sweet tea for a while.

Once we passed into Kentucky Esther requested a visit to Daniel Boone Forest. We would be driving through it so it seemed doable. We really wanted to try a short trail, but unfortunately we were behind our estimated schedule. Somehow we got it in our heads that Bedford, IN was four hours from Knoxville (I told Esther the wrong time). So we took a small scenic drive on the Kentucky Scenic Byway and just made a short stop in Berea, KY. A small town that appreciates art. Obviously, we both agreed on visiting the local bookstore. It had a surprising collection.


Bookstore haul.

After the bookstore Esther ran into their cute little coffee shop for a nice hot cup of tea! We hit the road for Bedford, IN and made it by 9:15, despite the traffic and road work! The Strouds were incredibly understanding with each text message announcing an hour delay. They also made scrumptious sloppy joes which we both devoured after our day of traveling. Of course, I gave Laura some stained laundry I had amassed over the summer and she willingly cleaned them in her lab.


She also willingly lent me some of her late mother's camera equipment from the 60s! I'm so excited to learn how to take awesome pictures with it!

The Polaroids are for HanMak's wedding. The other stuff is for me play with!

We watched a few episodes of Tiny House Hunters with the Stroud parental units and then headed for bed.

Today will be all day driving with the plan to get to Minnesota tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment