Tuesday, October 20, 2015

TV Shows (October 2015)

Lately I've been watching TV shows I normally wouldn't. Here are some of those shows:

1. Homeland While I haven't actually watched this in October, this was the first of the intense TV shows I ever really enjoyed. I really started watching it to further bond with my coworkers. One night I stayed in and binge watched almost half of the first season. I was hooked. Claire Danes is brilliant. The plot is full of so many twists I was always surprised. Granted, I am incredibly gullible and hardly ever see any surprises coming. But still. So well done!

The show is about a dedicated CIA agent who is trying to track down a soldier POW who she thinks has been turned into a terrorist. There's action. There's betrayal. There's some insanity. And all of it is done so well.

2. Quantico This show is so good. I love plots about someone going through training to better themselves. Since Homeland, I've started loving TV shows about espionage and tracking down terrorists. I am super into shows with different timelines.  This show has it all! And despite the bad CGI, I think it's got a lot of potential.

The first scene has a newly trained FBI agent waking up in a blast zone from a bomb that went off in the middle of New York City. She finds herself framed as the terrorist who set off the bomb. The show alternates between the "current" storyline, where she has to piece together what happened and flashbacks to her time at Quantico where FBI applicants learn to become agents.

3. How to Get Away with Murder I just finished the first season this Monday. And I also started it this weekend. This is maybe one of the best crime shows I've seen? It reminds me of a grown up, darker Veronica Mars. But without the sassy main character. Sounds awful, but it's done so well you don't miss Veronica. This show has some excellent actors that really carry the plot along.

The show is about law students, their intense professor, and her employees. Each year the law professor chooses first year students to work with her on her cases. This year's students, we quickly find out, happen to kill someone. So her class, "How to get away with murder" and the cases she takes on have prepare them to try to get away with their crime. Each episode has clips from the night of the murder as the four students try to figure out what to do, flashbacks starting from their first day of class, and another storyline arc about a student from the university that's gone missing. Over halfway into the season the timelines meet up and it is so good! All the while, the show has new mysteries as the formidable law professor/defense attorney works on defending a new client each episode.

So those are some intense dramas I've really gotten into. Watch at your own risk because these are all great shows to binge watch. I'm talking cliffhangers everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment